Monitor, troubleshoot, test, repair and maintain back deck equipment and systems onboard the vessel per the requirements set forth by company policies and procedures.
Reports to: Mechanic Shift Leader, Mechanic Chief, and Party Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Fellow crewmembers (employees and contractors), corporate management and operations staff in Data Acquisition, QHSE staff, Supply Chain staff, vendors, and customers.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Participate in preventive maintenance program for Back Deck equipment, machinery and related Node Deployment and Retrieval Equipment including Conveyors, Gantry Cranes, Hydraulic Pumps, Air Compressors and all associated components.
- Identify equipment maintenance needs; record mechanical equipment readings; ensure accuracy of records kept.
- Perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance activities on equipment including lubrication, inspection, and replacement parts; order and maintain stock levels of lubricants used in Back Deck equipment.
- Maintain records of Back Deck equipment history; maintain preventative maintenance records and schedules.
- Conduct performance tests of Back Deck equipment using pressure gauges, flowmeter, amp and voltmeters.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning Back Deck equipment; maintain, repair and overhaul treatment Back Deck equipment including compressors, conveyors, pumps and motors, compressors, belt press, valves, drive units, hydraulic control units, pneumatic equipment and hydraulic pressure systems.
- Perform pipefitting; install and repair air and hydraulic piping systems.
- Maintain efficient records on operations and activities; maintain Back Deck safety records; maintain and record shipping and receiving of parcels.
- Ensure and adhere to safe work practices and procedures including, but not limited to lockout/tag out and confined space rules and regulations.
- Interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Perform related duties as required.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with crewmembers, corporate staff, customers and vendors.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage tasks and projects from start to finish.
- Troubleshoots and solves operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Should be able to work somewhat autonomously and meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- At least 5 years of maritime mechanical experience.
- Methods and techniques of maintaining and repairing Back Deck equipment, machinery.
- Lubricants used in Back Deck equipment.
- Electrical codes.
- Fundamentals of pipefitting and fabrication.
- Programmable logic controls, telemetry units and fiber optics.
- Operational characteristics of maintenance equipment and tools.
- Metering and measuring devices related to electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Basic mathematics.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications: Microsoft Office.
- Back Deck shipping and receiving procedures.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- NDT (Non Destructive Testing).
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities including the installation, maintenance and repair of Back Deck equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on Back Deck equipment and machinery.
- Interpret, explain, and enforce department policies and procedures.
- Operate a variety of maintenance equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Read, interpret and understand technical manuals, blueprints, drawings, and diagrams.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Maintain detailed records and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting software applications.
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Valid driver's license
- Current US Passport
- Current TWIC card
- BOSIET certification
- OGUK certification
- SafeGulf/Rig Pass (for Gulf of Mexico projects)
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Must be able to work seven days a week, including holidays. Must be able to work various shifts up to 12+ hours per day.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.