The Business Analyst contributes through conducting analysis of project costs, requirements, cost-benefit evaluation, and planned vs actual financial performance to identify financial and operational performance trends, opportunities, and risks. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: The Senior Business Analyst with an operational reporting relationship to the Commercial Team Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Data Acquisition Division (the Operations, Technical Services, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams), Commercial Bid Team, the Sales team, QHSE organization, the Executive Leadership Team, vendors/suppliers, and external consultants
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Update forecasting models to be used in the commercial bid process.
- Assist in construction of financials for commercial bids in cross-functional teams.
- Assist with creating MS PowerPoint financial reviews for senior management.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Define, document, implement, and support continual process improvement projects.
- Implement strategies and gathering, reviewing, and analyzing project requirements.
- Analyze planned vs actual financial performance to identify financial and operational performance trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer.
- Help in the standardization and improvement of financial tools and methods to reduce errors and cycle times.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team leader with all key stakeholders and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in positive communication, facilitation, influencing, and situational leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with vendors/suppliers, external consultants, and customers.
- Drives for results with passion and energy and maintains accountability for all work products. Sets high standards for him/herself and cross-functional teams, remains organized and focused, and understands the 80%/20% rule to avoid over-analyzing before acting.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoots and solves business, process, and operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Employs effective and collaborative methods to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates a willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity and maintain a high attention to detail.
- Is self-directed and able to work autonomously and within teams to meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance, or other related area. Equivalent work experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- The ideal candidate will possess two to five years of related experience within a complex business environment - preferably in an oil field services company.
- General understanding of GAAP principles and standard financial reporting documents.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel.
- History of career progression and advancement with a strong desire for continuous growth and development.
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong time management/prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines. Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver time-sensitive projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels within an organization, from administrative to senior management.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities with the ability to work independently but willing to seek guidance when necessary.
- Availability to work evenings and occasional weekends to meet proposal deadlines is required.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing support to teams, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong team facilitation skills with recent and proven experience working cross functional teams. Demonstrates strong presentation skills.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.