Facilitate FairfieldNodal’s (“FN”) achievement of business and operational goals through the effective useof the Oracle SaaS products and services across all FN operations and work locations. The Business Analyst – Oracle will perform support, analysis, planning, and process improvements to deliver a quality user experience and facilitate productivity. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, exceptional customer service, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Oracle Lead
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Data Acquisition, Data Licensing, Data Processing, and Systems & Engineering Divisions, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal and Commercial Team, & QHSE.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- As the primary or backup resource, support assigned modules by diligently resolving incidents and service requests in Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframe through troubleshooting, Oracle Support, or other escalation methods.
- Work with other analysts and business units to develop, manage, and improve processes for continued advancement of the company's use of the Oracle Fusion cloud platform, establishing best practices within the user community.
- Manage small to large process implementation projects using project management and systems development lifecycle methodology.
- Assist the team in the analysis, design, modeling, testing, and implementation activities within the areas of responsibility.
- Create and maintain module documentation (requirements, processes, and procedures) and module test cases.
- Gather requirements, design, modify, support and/or create reports using the OTBI tools to deliver effective reports and dashboards to meet business requirements.
- Execute test cases and monitor for failures in test to ensure Oracle quarterly releases have minimal to no impact to normal business operations.
- Assist, mentor, and train other associates as well as participate in cross-training efforts.
- Effectively communicate to stakeholders through progress reports, user documentation, and formal presentations to teams and management.
- Maintain awareness of latest technologies, business capabilities, and industry techniques that expand knowledge of project management tools, requirements assessment methodologies, continuous improvement capabilities, and business intelligence tools.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Drives for results with passion and energy and maintains accountability for all work products. Sets high standards for him/herself and cross-functional teams, remains organized and focused, and understands the 80%/20% rule to avoid overanalyzing before acting.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment while providing a high level of customer service.
- Is self-directed and able to work autonomously and within teams to meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong desire, commitment, and demonstrated ability to learn new modules required.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in IT business analysis.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working on Oracle systems, preferably on the Fusion platform.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion OTBI platform strongly preferred.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information, optimizing and documenting complex business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend solutions that meet or exceed needs within project/program.
- Effective communication/presentation/facilitation skills (oral and written).
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings of analysis, and propose solutions that address expressed needs.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.