Lead FairfieldNodal (FN) in achieving its goals in the successful use of process improvement across FN's operations and work locations. The Business Process Improvement Lead (BPIL) will assist the CIO in leading, coordinating and developing IT and non-IT process improvements which support the strategic goals of the organization. The BPIL will facilitate training and understanding of process improvement ideas and principles as part of broader project teams.
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Direct Reports: One Business Process Improvement Analyst at this time
Key Interfaces: Data Acquisition, Data Licensing, Data Processing, and Systems & Engineering Divisions, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal and Commercial Team, & QHSE
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization and lead using the power of knowledge and influence to facilitate breakthrough performance.
- Work with and across business areas to develop Current State Maps and Future State Plans.
- Actively engage with organizational stakeholders, as a business partner, and across functions to identify meaningful opportunities for improving business efficiency.
- Develop others on business improvement principles and tools for implementing creative solutions for system and process improvements.
- Participate and/or lead improvement events using company standard templates and processes.
- Facilitate process improvement outputs including reports, appropriate documentation and future action items.
- Provide timely and updated statuses on improvement projects to staff and ELT through project plans, concise communications and presentations.
- Lead and direct team to ensure business tasks and objectives are met utilizing leadership principles and organizational methods
- Establish metrics and key performance indicators for driving team performance.
- Yearly requirements will be defined separately and include but not limited to; training and development plans and specific functions defined to meet project goals.
- Understand and align with the basic expectations of the department and of the role.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Drives for results with passion and energy and maintains accountability for all work products. Sets high standards for him/herself and cross-functional teams, remains organized and focused, and understands the 80%/20% rule to avoid over-analyzing before acting.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management. Strong team facilitation skills with recent and proven experience leading cross functional teams. Demonstrates strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, able to discuss technical and functional issues/solutions effectively in highly escalated situations and with all levels within an organization, from administrative to senior management.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, proposes alternative solutions, has factual backup for decisions and questions prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Employs effective and collaborative methods to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates a willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity and maintains a high attention to detail.
- On-going learning, training and development are key expectations to ongoing success.
- Is self-directed and able to work autonomously and within teams to meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years leading Kaizen/BPI events in a continuous improvement role
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related to continuous improvement or similar project management
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.