The Commercial Team Manager will develop complex proposals with the Commercial Team to win new business, identify new commercial models, and explore new avenues of activity that the company can exploit to develop and grow. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: The Director of Commercial Operations with an operational reporting relationship to the current Commercial Team Manager.
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Data Acquisition Division (the Operations, Technical Services, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams), Commercial Bid Team, the Sales team, QHSE organization, the Executive Leadership Team, vendors/suppliers, and external consultants.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes.
- Manage bid development schedules, work-load, and delivery dates ensuring on-time delivery and completed work product of the highest quality.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure that win themes, discriminators, and value propositions are integrated into proposal documents.
- Work within a cross-divisional team environment, fostering relationships with subject matter experts and sales personnel across the organization.
- Identify proposal roles and responsibilities, communicate tasks and objectives clearly and unambiguously to assure accountability on all requirements.
- Identify, assess, and communicate potential bid issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist with post tender clarification process in conjunction with the Commercial Team and Senior Management.
- Preserve and maintain bid library of current and bespoke company information and literature.
- Understand the key win themes, or differentiators so that they are reflected within the proposal.
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement projects.
- Implement strategies and gathering, reviewing, and analyzing project requirements.
- Analyze RFI/RFQ/Tender processes to identify operational performance trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Consistently seek new ways to improve monitoring, discovering issues and delivering better value to the customer.
- Help in the standardization and improvement of our tools and methods to reduce errors and cycle times.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrate the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Function as a business partner and team leader with all key stakeholders and actively support and participate in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverage existing skills, but also remain receptive to mentoring from others.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in positive communication, facilitation, influencing, and situational leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors/suppliers, external consultants, and customers.
- Drive for results with passion and energy and maintain accountability for all work products. Set high standards for him/herself and cross-functional teams, remain organized and focused, and understand the 80%/20% rule to avoid over-analyzing before acting.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understand financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoot and solve business, process, and operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Employ effective and collaborative methods to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate a willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity and maintain a high attention to detail.
- Is self-directed and able to work autonomously and within teams to meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance, English, Communications, Marketing or other related area. Equivalent work experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of five years of experience with writing and editing proposal content or similar business documents within a complex business environment - preferably in an oil field services company.
- Ability to assist in all areas of proposal production (print and electronic).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or greater required.
- History of career progression and advancement with a strong desire for continuous growth and development.
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Understanding of complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Strong time management/prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills along with excellent writing, editing, and grammar skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels within an organization, from administrative to senior management.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities with the ability to work independently but willing to seek guidance when necessary.
- Availability to work evenings and occasional weekends to meet proposal deadlines is required.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing support to teams, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong team facilitation skills with recent and proven experience leading cross functional teams. Demonstrates strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated results implementing “best-in-class” level systems, processes, and methodologies. Progressive experience with top companies that are leaders in the deployment and usage of Operational Excellence programs.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.