The Contracts Administrator will be involved in contract review and analysis of agreements to identify key terms and conditions for acceptability and compliance with company policies and procedures, in addition to oversight and management of the contract system, process and database. Collaboratively works with internal and external customers to find solutions regarding challenges or issues with the administration of contracts. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: General Counsel.
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Legal and Trade Compliance Team, Commercial Bid Team, each P&L Division team, the Sales, Marketing and Technology Team, Supply Chain, Finance and Accounting, and Third-Party legal partners.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Review project tenders and contracts for provision of goods and services and compliance with corporate policy, and communicate with responsible parties.
- Docket and track internal processes for development, review, completion and submission or execution of project tenders and contracts.
- Administer contracts with client companies and third-party service providers.
- Analyze contracts to ensure compliance to company policy, government specifications and other requirements.
- Monitor performance of business contracts (including NDAs) to monitor company’s exposure and ensure performance of each contract is satisfactory according to agreed upon terms and conditions.
- Take proper action to close out the contract in accordance with applicable procedures at the conclusion of all activity.
- Ensure timely communication of contract information to appropriate persons, including contract status and assistance to multiple functional areas and management.
- Provide timely internal notice of performance or compliance issues (including contract expiry & renewal dates) and minimize non-compliance issues by taking or coordinating necessary actions to timely resolve minor contractual conflicts or infringements.
- Maintain complete and accurate contract files. Responsible for properly organizing all contracts, their various versions, client and FN responses, and the final executed version into an easy-to-navigate contracts management cataloging/repository system.
- Administer corporate property and casualty insurance programs. Gather and collate internal data/liaise with various divisions/liaise with insurance brokers in preparation of annual insurance renewals.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with all key stakeholders and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: establishing personal and professional relationships among diverse internal and external teams. Maintains positive relationships with customers, client companies and third-party service providers.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Should be able to work autonomously and meet required deadlines.
- Operates in accordance with company policies and practices, and in compliance with accepted business ethics, providing customer support as needed.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Contracts Management, Business Administration or relevant field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience with contract development, review and administration (domestic and foreign) with knowledge of contract processing methodology.
- Working knowledge of Maritime and General Contract Law governing contracts including contractual legal terms (Indemnification, Limitation of Liability, Termination, etc.).
- Experience with contracting procedures (marine seismic data licensing and marine seismic data acquisition services) within the Geophysical Exploration industry.
- Working knowledge and experience with contracting and tendering procedures within the Oil and Gas Exploration industry.
- Ability to be conversant with regulatory, legislative and industrial changes.
- Experience with and basic knowledge of corporate property and casualty insurance (marine and land based operations).
- Document review for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: establishing personal and professional relationships among diverse internal and external teams.
- Strong MS Office skills required. Working knowledge of ERP systems also required, with Oracle experience desired.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.