The Corporate Tax Manager will maintain responsibility for the Federal, State, and indirect tax filings of Fairfield Industries. The Corporate Tax Manager is a part-time (30 hours per week or less), hands-on role for an experienced tax professional. This position will work with the local accounting department at FairfieldNodal, in addition to the finance and accounting staff at Fairfield-Maxwell, the parent company of FairfieldNodal, which is headquartered in New York.
Important information: This is a permanent position with part-time hours (30 hours or less per week). This position is NOT eligible for benefits.
Reporting to: Finance Director of FairfieldNodal.
Direct reports: None.
Key interfaces: FairfieldNodal Finance and Accounting team members, the CFO, Fairfield Maxwell parent company tax department, IT/Oracle Implementation Team, and Third Party Vendors.
Specific Functional Responsibilities
- Work closely with Fairfield Maxwell tax department, prepare the annual Federal tax return for Fairfield Industries, and submit to parent for consolidation. Prepare and assemble backup documentation. Research issues.
- Work closely with Fairfield Maxwell tax department, prepare State Tax returns, and ensure timely submittal.
- Coordinate with outside firm to update R&D Tax Credit documentation. Work toward assuming responsibility for preparing the calculations in house with minimal third party assistance.
- Prepare month-end tax entries in accordance with ASC 740.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules related to tax accounts. Draft footnote for audit report.
- Coordinate with foreign tax firms to ensure foreign tax returns are prepared accurately and timely.
- Assist bid team with questions related to foreign taxes and how these impact final US tax liability.
- Prepare Property Tax returns and ensure company minimizes tax liability.
- Prepare Sales and Use Tax returns. Ensure compliance and timely filings.
- Assist in any tax audits.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Significant knowledge of US tax rules and regulations.
- Exposure to manufacturing and foreign country tax regimes is a plus.
- Proven proficiency with financial reporting and database management tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and research skills with ability to apply tax law.
- CPA and Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Some public accounting firm experience desirable.
- Minimum of ten years corporate tax experience with a company of $100M+ in revenue.
- Prior experience working in an oilfield services company is a plus.
- Able to consistently demonstrate the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Ability to function as a business partner with all senior executives and their staffs as a team player and problem solver.
- A continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Apply knowledge of all aspects of the business and disciplines. Demonstrate the ability to maintain strong financial control and ability to analyze and interpret financial data and operating problems in order to make recommendations to management.
- Must be primarily self-directed and have the capability to manage priorities and projects so commitments are met.
- Ability to identify and articulate problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.