The Lead Analyst will apply geophysical principles surrounding nodal seismic processing using FairfieldNodal's proprietary software tools. Serves as the liaison for data delivery from the vessel’s onboard team to Office Analysts. Communicates with client representatives and personnel from other departments both on and off the vessel, to review operational and data related issues. Provides constructive guidance to the Onboard Processing team, allowing for clear feedback of errors, with the ability to clearly define data processing procedures. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Manager - Onboard Processing
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Data Acquisition Leadership and Offshore Crew Members, SVP, Chief Technology Officer of Geosciences, Data Processing Team members.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of nodal seismic applications – seismic wave propagation theory, Fourier transform applications, survey geometry, basic seismic signal analysis, data processing procedures including, but not limited, to node rotation, drift timing analysis, NMO, and Stacking.
- Ability to learn the differentiation of usage and develop a proven proficiency with FN’s proprietary tools. Tools not excluding WKG SeisSpace, PBS Administrator, INTViewer, and MapGrid.
- Hold certification in maintenance of Panasas storage realms and processing node clusters, including hardware replacements and service requests. Experienced in mobilization and transfer of processing system.
- Adept in use of a Linux work space, exploiting Bash/Awk/Sed scripting languages and UNIX commands to efficiently extract and analyze data.
- Proficient in listing the offshore processing sequence, with experience of WKG SeisSpace performing Initial and Intermediate Data QC’s including Node Maps, PRY Orientation, Positioning, Timing, and Rotate, to verify node performance against project specifications.
- Tested knowledge of WKG SeisSpace modules with respect to Initial, Intermediate, and Additional QC’s.
- Experienced in running Migrations and shown knowledge of the WKG SeisSpace Migration modules.
- Proven experience in generation and verification of Receiver and Shot Databases.
- Project Management experience including calculating the required hardware to support a contractual specification and timeline required to meet specifications.
- Organization of offshore assets including identification of spares and inventory.
- Coordination with onboard client representatives to provide additional information regarding QC’s or other node specific information.
- Modify existing or create new flows required to meet client requests and project specifications.
- The ability to teach, mentor, and properly delegate tasks to Analyst Level 1 and 2 Onboard Processors, in order to maintain production throughput and meet project deadlines.
- Responsible for providing team member feedback with the goal of improving work product and performance in the field. This includes daily communication with their team members on identification of failure points in procedures, common errors, and addressing any behavioral or communication issues.
- The Lead Analyst will complete performance feedback to the onshore supervisor to assist in reviews and outlining of learning plans for assigned team members.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with personnel throughout the organization and in all interactions with clients. Actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Must be primarily self-directed and have the capability to manage priorities and projects so commitments are met.
- Ability to identify and articulate problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in positive communication, facilitation, influencing, and situational leadership at all levels of the organization.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs. of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or other physical science is required.
- Minimum 7 years’ progressive working experience in an offshore environment with the ability to travel worldwide.
- The strong desire and ability to problem solve, balanced with the understanding of time efficient processing production.
- The ability to communicate complicated technical material to other individuals both with and without a technical background.
- Mature interpersonal skills and enjoyment in team-oriented work, as well as the ability to follow directions when needed.
- The aptitude to stay on task while working alone for long periods of time.
- The ability to keep organized, accurate, and clear records/logs of data issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing support to teams, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to train and mentor assigned Analysts. Provide on-going feedback including constructive guidance and capacity to communicate technical knowledge to their colleagues.
- The ability to apply team management skills. Understanding relationships, skills, and motivations of their colleagues to better balance the team and later design the work distribution for the team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must have the following current certifications:
- BOSIET / FOET
- UKOOA / OGUK
- Gulf Safe
- Rig Pass
- TWIC Card
- Valid Passport
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.