This position will work closely with the Engineering team, Naval Architect, and Data Acquisition Division to support back deck product development in a safe and quality-minded work environment that is conducive to teamwork and strong professional development. This position will be responsible for project planning from the conceptual stage through to completion, while maintaining focus on budgeting and all operational and QHSE aspects. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Director of Technical Services, Data Acquisition for Fairfield Seismic Technologies.
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: The Technical Services and Operations teams within Data Acquisition Division, the Systems & Engineering Division, QHSE, Supply Chain, Third Party Vendors, and Customers.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews.
- Perform structural analysis for equipment modifications and life extension of existing structures and equipment.
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for corrective actions or mitigations to correct ongoing downtime issues.
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies.
- Work on safety improvements and risk analysis for the equipment.
- Help deliver performance improvements to equipment operations.
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes cost estimates.
- Develop 3D models of the engineered solution for each project.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate solution for offshore problems.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with all key stakeholders, and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoots and solves operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail. Should be able to work somewhat autonomously and meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 4+ years of hands-on engineering experience in E&P or oilfield services (subsea and/or vessel operational experience a plus).
- Sound understanding of Engineering principles.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software (ProE and Windchill) is preferred.
- Prior exposure and knowledge of some of the following would be beneficial: Electrical power, hydraulic systems, machined parts, plastics, sheet metal, FEA Analysis.
- Will be required to secure the proper credentials to travel overseas during construction and/or mobilization. May also be required to work on seismic vessels for short durations periodically.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.