The Navigation Supervisor provides direct oversight for the control of data acquisition to ensure positioning requirements are met. Thorough onshore preparation and offshore implementation assistance, this position aligns in-field execution requirements with identified service line or project expectations. Assists with bid preparation on acquisition geometries, acquisition specifications, and data delivery. Directs offshore Navigators to facilitate the highest quality collection of seismic data to meet client expectations. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Director of Technical Services - Fairfield Seismic Technologies
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: The Technical Services and Operations/Project Management Teams within the Data Acquisition Division, QHSE, Offshore Crew Team Members, Legal and Trade Compliance Team, Commercial Bid Team, Finance and Accounting, and Third-Party Vendors.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Supervises and coordinates the performance of projects thorough the management of personnel and equipment resources allocated.
- Reviews acquisition geometry options on a project basis.
- Creates and develops field procedures/specifications and provides guidance considering cost, application, performance, operator knowledge-base and planned field use.
- Partners with offshore leadership to ensure proper implementation of procedures/specifications are completed by offshore team.
- Liaises with crew supervisors to ensure that data quality and delivery expectations are fulfilled in accordance with the Project Plan.
- Closely follows day-to-day activities of offshore projects, ensuring that all navigation objectives are met.
- Verifies onshore and offshore navigation data acquisition activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
- Identifies personnel technical training needs, presents needs and plan of action to the Director for approval and implementation.
- Completes thorough review of all contractual and technical content of contract prior to beginning any planning activities.
- Influences strategic technology development at department or program management level.
- Proposes innovative technology and application initiatives and projects.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with all key stakeholders and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, employees, contractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoots and solves operational issues as they arise, keeping the Company’s leadership team informed as needed.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, proposes alternative solutions, has factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Should be able to work somewhat autonomously and meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Survey Engineering, Geographic Information Systems (GIF), Geomatics, Geophysics or relevant field. In lieu of a degree, candidates with certification in Navigational Theories and 10+ years of equivalent experience will be considered. A PMP is not required, but preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Seismic Survey field experience, with a minimum of 5 years Project Management experience.
- Confirms all work performed is conducted in accordance with the Project Plan.
- Certifies all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism, in accordance with the company Safety Management System and project specific documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong MS Office skills required. Working knowledge of ERP systems also required, with Oracle experience desired.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Valid driver's license
- Current US Passport
- Current TWIC card
- BOSIET certification
- OGUK certification
- SafeGulf/Rig Pass (for Gulf of Mexico projects)
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Must be able to work seven days a week, including holidays and availability to be on call based upon business needs.
- Readiness to work offshore about 40 to 50 percent of the time; other time will be in the office.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.