The OE & CI Technical Manager will work closely with the Data Acquisition Division (specifically the Operations, Technical Services, Engineering, and Supply Chain Teams), Commercial Bid Team, and the QHSE organization to analyze and quantify effective and ineffective operational performance, cost, service, and quality trends.
Using his/her strong process orientation and analytical/data mining and project management skills, the OE & CI Technical Manager will identify and implement corrective and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure the organization is operating at a superior and sustainable performance level to best serve and protect the interests of the Company’s employees, assets, and customers.
Reports to: Vice President of QHSE with a dotted line operational reporting relationship to the Vice President of Operations – Data Acquisition Division.
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Data Acquisition Division (the Operations, Technical Services, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams), Commercial Bid Team, QHSE organization, the Executive Leadership Team, vendors/suppliers, and external consultants.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Lead and facilitate OE & CI program and projects for Fairfield Seismic Technologies - Data Acquisition Division. The OE & CI Technical Manager may also be called upon to support certain key projects or initiatives in the Company’s other operational divisions (the Data Processing Division and the Systems & Engineering Division which has a manufacturing component).
- Perform data and trend analysis, apply statistical techniques and other proven quantitative and qualitative data analytic methods to measure key processes, stable operations performance, and overall equipment effectiveness. Assist the QHSE and Operations Teams with risk analysis, process failure mode effects analysis, management of change, and levels of control to ensure process and personal safety and reliability. Effectively articulate fact-based analytical findings and conclusions to process owners/stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and implement a Process & Continual Improvement Road Map to execute the Company’s strategy of better, faster, and lower cost of operations.
- Process map the Company’s “As-Is” processes versus “Future State” processes and identify opportunities to reduce waste, protect against cost of failure/poor quality, eliminate common cause variations that decrease productivity levels, etc.
- Lead the change management process, in partnership with a cross-functional team of process owners/stakeholders, to ensure efficient adoption of new and improved processes and procedures, promote and deliver best practices, processes, and operating systems to achieve world-class-performance and domain leadership.
- Coach and mentor others in the application of best practice OE & CI methods, tools and methodologies for improved performance (safety, quality, schedule, cycle times, productivity and cost).
- Assist the Data Acquisition Operations and Technical Services Teams in improving the current operations performance measurement system by enhancing current measures, developing new measures where needed, and implementing an optimal systematic Key Performance Indicator system and dashboard.
- Assist the Systems and Engineering Division’s Technical Support Team in their development of a Technology Road Map by infusing OE & CI methods and methodologies into the development and engineering of next generation equipment and enhancing the overall business model and operating platform.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team leader with all key stakeholders and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in positive communication, facilitation, influencing, and situational leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with vendors/suppliers, and external consultants, and customers.
- Drives for results with passion and energy and maintains accountability for all work products. Sets high standards for him/herself and cross-functional teams, remains organized and focused, and understands the 80%/20% rule to avoid overanalyzing before acting.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoots and solves business, process, and operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Employs effective and collaborative methods to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates a willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity and maintains a high attention to detail.
- Is self-directed and able to work autonomously and within teams to meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Systems, Chemical or Process) required. MBA or Master of Science degree in Operations Research or Industrial & Systems Engineering strongly desired.
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on industry experience in E&P or oilfield services (e.g., offshore operations, subsea and/or vessel operations, transactional process, maintenance repair, and overhaul or repetitive processes).
- Strong team facilitation skills with recent and proven experience leading cross functional teams. Demonstrates strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated results implementing “best-in-class” level systems, processes, and methodologies. Progressive experience with top companies that are leaders in the deployment and usage of Operational Excellence programs.
Certifications and Training:
- Advance training in Operational Excellence (Six-Sigma, Lean, Quality, Statistical Process Control). Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification preferred or Black Belt. Lean certification from top program.
- Project Management training and PMP certification.
- Junior Military Officer would be ideal.
- Will be required to secure the proper credentials to travel overseas and potentially observe on seismic vessels periodically for short durations:
- Valid driver's license
- Current US Passport
- Current TWIC card
- Must be a US Citizen or current Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.