Responsible for technical and operational program assurances for seismic surveys conducted for Clients and serves as a company representative aboard the seismic vessel by monitoring data quality and operational productivity of behalf of the Company. The Quality Control Specialist will assist the Company in fulfilling the technical and operational requirements of the seismic program.
Reports to: Party Manager and Project Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Fellow crewmembers (employees and contractors), corporate management and operations staff in Data Acquisition, Data Processors, QHSE staff, vendors, and customers.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Review and accept start-up tests on behalf of Company.
- Monitor all aspects of data quality for each line, accepting those lines recorded within established quality guidelines and noting the deficiencies of lines recorded outside these guidelines.
- Monitor daily operational activities and report daily on progress and problems encountered.
- Develop a good working relationship with senior personnel onboard the vessel.
- Participate in drills, safety meetings and any company safety programs.
- Perform at least 1 Safety Observation Conversation (SOC) per week and foster the development of behavior based safety management skills and a positive safety culture within the crew.
- Fully comply with Company’s policies and procedures, including requesting performance feedback at the end of the project from Company Party Manager and Project Manager.
- Provide a final report to the Client Seismic Project Manager within two weeks of completion of the survey.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Perform related duties as required.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with crewmembers, corporate staff, customers and vendors.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Provides strong leadership by actively leading and challenging the vessel staff and seeking their input in decision making.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage tasks and projects from start to finish.
- Troubleshoots and solves operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Should be able to work autonomously and meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- At least 5 years of seismic acquisition quality control experience required.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications: Microsoft Office, Linux, OMNI, Global Mapper, MESA, Surfer, Gator – Gator 2 – Orca, Veripos, CNav DGNSS, Sonardyne, iXBlue USBL system, Fugro, Seamap RGNSS, FPGS software processing tools, and Reflex binning system.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Valid driver's license
- Current US Passport
- Current TWIC card
- BOSIET certification
- OGUK certification
- SafeGulf/Rig Pass (for Gulf of Mexico projects)
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Must be able to work seven days a week, including holidays. Must be able to work various shifts up to 12+ hours per day.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.