High performing Analyst that will be an integral part of the Corporate Development organization, and Office of the President & CEO, to support the company's efforts in executing the corporate development program and strategy deployment. The team is focused on increasing shareholder value through effective communication of FairfieldNodal's strategy, financial results and operations to the financial community including banks, potential partners and M&A targets, and internally to the Company’s Board of Directors. Additionally, this role will support the team’s efforts to drive better understanding of FairfieldNodal's positioning and emerging trends to the Company’s Executive Leadership Team by compiling and analyzing financial research/information and market trends within the industry to include data about the Company’s peer competitors and customers.
Reporting to: Vice President of Corporate Development
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: The entire Executive Leadership Team, the Finance and Accounting team, the Sales and Marketing team, external stakeholders (financial institutions, Board of Directors, and the Company’s Parent Company (Fairfield-Maxwell) leaders.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Conduct competitive and strategic analysis on FairfieldNodal, its peers, and the industry as well as buy/sell-side trends to help keep the Executive Leadership Team aware of the markets and investor and analyst views.
- Build financial models and other assignments to support the M&A due diligence process.
- Build models and leverage data analysis to understand complex relationships, identify key trends, and gain insight on our revenue/expense line items, drivers and scalability.
- Provide on-going information to the Executive Leadership Team regarding market feedback, industry analyst perceptions and opinions.
- Gather competitive intelligence from equity research positions and summaries, relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis. Gather all related available information on private peer companies.
- Collaborate with the CEO, CFO, and General Counsel, Finance, Communications and Legal teams in crafting the company's messaging for the financial community for investor presentations, Board of Director presentations and updates, and potential M&A target audiences.
- Support the Quarterly Board Meeting presentation preparation process and provide input into the content of strategic news releases.
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers and metrics; identify/track key themes and topics for investor discussions and to inform our Executive Leadership Team on emerging trends.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Builds relationships and functions as a business partner and team player with all key stakeholders, and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Maintains positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish.
- Identifies and articulates key information from various sources both verbally and in writing, accompanied with factual backup for conclusions.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo as needed.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Should be able to work somewhat autonomously and meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other relevant field. MBA a plus, but not required.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with financial modeling (e.g. investment banking/consulting).
- Strong financial and analytical skills with ability to interpret information and financial concepts into presentations for the investment community, Executive Leadership Team, and Board of Directors, and apply them in business analysis situations.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology and business models. Must demonstrate the desire and capacity to learn about our industry, products, competitors and other key audiences.
- Exceptional research skills and experience compiling pertinent data from subscription services, annual and quarterly reports, and industry publications.
- Experience or exposure to the E&P or oilfield services industry, particularly the seismic industry, is a plus, but not required.
- Strong work ethic, high bar for work quality and commitment to results.
- Strong organizational skills.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines. Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver time-sensitive projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be available to travel domestically and internationally periodically.
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Must be able to work seven days a week, including holidays. Must be able to work various shifts up to 12+ hours per day.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.