The Senior FP&A Analyst has responsibility for Planning, Forecasting, Management Reporting and other decision support functions. This is a hands-on role that requires strong analytic, finance, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. The Senior Analyst will interact directly with business line leaders and cross functional staff.
Reports to: Director – Finance and Accounting
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: EVP – Chief Financial Officer, Finance and Accounting team members, Business Line Leaders and their staff, Information Technology, and Human Resources.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Prepares the Annual Financial Plan, including revenue, margins, cost center expenses, capital plan, labor costs analysis, cash flow and balance sheet.
- Produces monthly rolling forecasts working closely with business line leadership.
- Designs and creates Quarterly Board Presentations in PowerPoint. Demonstrates the ability to simplify complex financial statements into a meaningful presentation that is a visual narrative for the Board of Directors and other audiences to understand and find compelling.
- Analyzes monthly results in conjunction with month end close process and prepares variance explanations in the form of Waterfall (Bridge) Charts. Completes the monthly financial narrative for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Creates and presents the Monthly Business Review for the President and Chief Executive Officer, EVP – Chief Financial Officer, and Senior Leadership Team.
- Prepares Business Case Analysis to support FN’s strategic growth initiatives.
- Becomes proficient with Oracle planning and reporting tools. Creates reports in Oracle FRS and SmartView that provides transparency in the business and promotes a better understanding of the financial results. Previous experience with Oracle PBCS, SmartView, FRS and other Hyperion based planning and Financial Reporting tools is strongly desired.
- Drives improvements and efficiencies in the financial forecasting and reporting processes.
- Proven experience with full P&L exposure is required, along with a thorough understanding of how financial decisions can impact the business overall.
- Proven proficiency with financial reporting and database management tools.
- Advanced proficiency in using PowerPoint and substantial experience designing professional financial presentations that succinctly tell the financial story of FN’s progress.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with all senior level executives and their staff. Actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Applies knowledge of all aspects of the business and disciplines. Demonstrates the ability to maintain strong financial control and ability to analyze and interpret financial data and operating problems in order to make recommendations to management.
- Must be primarily self-directed and have the capability to manage priorities and projects so commitments are met.
- Ability to identify and articulate problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in positive communication, facilitation, influencing, and situational leadership at all levels of the organization.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs. of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum five years progressive corporate FP&A experience with a company of $100M+ in revenue.
- Prior experience working in an oil and gas or a manufacturing company is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle and/or Hyperion Financial Planning and Reporting tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing support to teams, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.