The Senior Operations Geophysicist is the subject matter expert with the principles of seismic acquisition and quality control including seismic data, source, navigation and positioning, data quality and assurance and seismic data recording systems (OB nodes, navigation and positioning, and seismic sources). Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, exceptional customer service, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Director – Technical Services (Data Acquisition) with an operational reporting relationship to the Director of Commercial Operations.
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: Data Acquisition, Commercial Team, Data Processing, and Systems & Engineering Divisions, Legal, & QHSE.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Provide the time motion analysis for each Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), or Request for Quotation (RFQ), received by the bid team.
- Provide alternative acquisition methods and time motion analysis with efficiency, cost and safety in mind.
- Work with bid team, technical and operations teams to review and provide feedback/guidance on all technical and acquisition specifications for each RFI, RFQ, and RFP.
- Work directly with the technical team members and the operation managers to monitor each awarded survey for progress vs expectation (as bid), for contractual assurance, and internal KPI performance; and support project meetings with clients.
- Monitor and analyze competition surveys using SeisIntel, in conjunction with bid team.
- Develop a complete FN node survey history review and maintain going forward.
- Support technical and operations teams on any other projects as maybe necessary and required.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Drives for results with passion and energy and maintains accountability for all work products. Sets high standards for him/herself and cross-functional teams, remains organized and focused, and understands the 80%/20% rule to avoid overanalyzing before acting.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment while providing a high level of customer service.
- Is self-directed and able to work autonomously and within teams to meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geophysics, Math, Physics, or other related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working within the seismic industry.
- Subject matter expert on the principles of seismic acquisition using bottom reference systems.
- Previous experience designing and modeling OBS acquisition programs.
- Subject matter expert on seismic data recording systems (OB nodes, navigation and positioning, and seismic sources).
- Current working knowledge of simultaneous source acquisition and deblending techniques.
- Subject matter expert on seismic acquisition QC, including seismic data, source, and navigation and positioning, data quality and assurance.
- Working knowledge of seismic data processing, including onboard data processing workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend solutions that meet or exceed needs within project/program.
- Effective communication/presentation/facilitation skills (oral and written).
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings of analysis, and propose solutions that address expressed needs.
Software Applications Requirements:
- Seismic survey planning software (OMNI, Mesa, Norsar, other).
- Seismic crew production software (MultiSeis or equivalent).
- Navigation software (Gator, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must have the following current certifications:
- BOSIET / FOET
- UKOOA / OGUK
- Gulf Safe
- Rig Pass
- TWIC Card
- Valid Passport
FairfieldNodal is an equal opportunity employer.